December 29, 2010

Ghostbusters!

Day before yesterday was an usual laid back day. Went to Upasana's place for some delish food. We as in Mr. Blackberry (for the sake of anonymity again) and I. Yes, we're taking it one day at a time.

So the point is while we're driving back to his place on cold, foggy evening and 95FM is playing on the radio and suddenly it starts playing the 'Ghostbusters' theme song! Oh my God! I have not felt such overwhelming surge of happiness and nostalgia in a while now! I was honestly over the top with happiness for those few minutes. Everything that spelled childhood for me came back in a sudden rush. That Riverside bungalow, fights with my sis over the TV remote, Friday movie evenings with the fam and so much more.

Music really is the food for the soul. Whoever said it was bang on! Sometimes all you need is a familiar song to lift up your mood, or put things in perspective.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...