March 10, 2011

Vacation AKA Striking That Off My Life List!


 
Oh Man! Feels good to write after this long. For those of you who still saunter into my blog once in a while....I'M HERE! NOT DEAD! *Frantic Waving* -  (Except for 5 seconds when I jumped off a cliff this past weekend I thought I was going to be...dead that is)

Last weekend Mr. B, a couple of friends and I went to Hrishikesh (yay!). For the uninitiated, Hrishikesh is this hill area in North India that is known as the capital of yoga & meditation.

Cool Facts About Hrishikesh:
1. The Beatles stayed here for a month in 1968. (Don't ask me which month!)
2. John Lennon composed a song on this place called 'The Happy Rishikesh Song.' And some 47 other songs. - (They were probably high on some natural shit)
3. It is also immensely popular for it's adventure sports like White Water Rafting :) (Life List Alert!)
4. PG (that would be me) really wanted to go there!

Also, if anyone has been paying any attention to anything I've been writing my Life List had this on it. Striking it off my list was the highlight of my post-vacation week. Serious!

We basically camped there for 3 days without electricity on the river bed. Thank God for the food and water (loads of it). But what fun! The rafting especially. They taught us to row the right way (as opposed to what you think is the cool way), badgered us to row in unison, and not play the fool in the middle of the Rapids. We really didn't pay much attention to the last part. And we tried and tried in vain to row like pros and in unison. There were different kinds of commands too while rowing - Forward, Fast Forward, Left Side Back & Right Side Front, Relax (don't row), Down (Inside the raft in dangerous rapids) and so on. After a while (almost an hour I think) we all just wait to hear the instructor/guide speak that sweet sweet word - 'RELAX!' Even before he could finish the entire word we had relaxed...dreading the next command. Sigh. Fucking Amateurs!

And to make things more interesting Mr. B fell off in the biggest (and the most dangerous) rapid. You know how some people are fucking perfect when it comes to dealing with emergency situations and reacting appropriately? Yeah, well, I'm not one of them. I froze in fear instead of helping the raft paddle forward to Mr. B. Yes, he owes his life to me (not). But then I heard the instructor shout, 'Don't Panic! Don't Panic!' and I heaved a sigh of relief and started rowing, only to realize later that the instruction was for the one who fell off the raft and was struggling to stay afloat in the middle of a huge rapid.

And... to top it all off we jumped off a cliff into the river too. Awesome shit! The first time though when I was inside the water for 3 secs after 5 secs of free falling, I thought I was going to die and this was it, the only thought that came to my mind is  'FUCK! I'm not even MARRIED or I didn't even get to go to NEW YORK and who's GOING to WRITE on MY BLOG.....oh I'm breathing again. Good!'

The nights were awesome. You could actually SEE the stars and I couldn't help but admire how beautiful it looked and how the moonlight shone on the river. No picture would have done justice to what we saw. Best thing about this vacation (which is probably the best things about most vacations) was that I got to spend it with people I really love and adore. Well, mostly. I need more of these. I have one planned for April with my favoritest girls and Mr. B. C.A.N.N.O.T W.A.I.T!

PS: I realized that I use 'fuck' a lot when I'm happy :)

PPS: Suggestion - I think instead of 'Relax' they should use 'Chillax.' Means Chill + Relax. The water was really really cold, you know. So when you're relaxing you are ACTUALLY relaxing and chilling. Hence, 'Chillax.'

2 comments:

Nas said...

Sounds like you had a wicked time!
LOL @ Mr B falling. Well I shouldn't lol, luckily he was alright. But I'm going to lol anyway. There's always one :P.

It's good to spend time just chillaxing with the people that matter :).

Monica said...

I was laughing out loud when I was reading parts of your blog...i love your writing style...keep it up!!
I'm participating in the “It’s almost Friday” hop and I’m now the newest follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

(P.S. Love your PS...hahaha....I do the same thing!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...