September 2, 2011

I'm A Spy Who Loves Books & Bitching

First things first: I finally got my Jack Kerouac book - On The Road! YAY! I think the angels did a little dance when they sensed my excitement :-)

For all you guys who don't know, this is the book after which my blog is named and the quote on the top of the blog is from this book. I still remember the winter afternoon when my friend in Bangalore pinged the link to that Jack Kerouac chapter that had that quote highlighted. And she said, this reminded her of me. I read the chapter and thought to myself that these are the kind of people I want to surround myself with and since I've been trying to find this book in every book store, new or secondhand without much luck.

Then I went to flipkart.com and lo and behold, I found it. And they delivered in ONE day. 24 HOURS! Yes, they are that awesome and I couldn't contain myself. Can't wait to start on it in the weekend. Oh, and I also got a Batman paperback for B and he was glowing the whole freaking day. Boys.

Also, I did mention that I'm a good spy and what a good spy absolutely loves is friends who spy with equal passion. We're the good spies, we just like to keep ourselves updated about the facts and not really interfere. Like God, only better. So when M gave loads of information on this particular girl none of us liked from college...we just gave in and bitched for a straight hour. who did what and went where. All harmless, honest.

Anyhoo, I have something really interesting coming up for all of you. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...